A dental crown is a custom made cap that surrounds the tooth. Crowns are typically used to restore a damaged tooth but can also be use to improve the appearance of a smile, similar to a veneer. A crown consists of three different materials; all-metal, ceramic-on-metal or all-ceramic. Dependant on the material used, our crowns come with a 5 or 10 year warranty. Reasons for a crown
- For maximum strength and longevity.
- A tooth compromised by large fillings.
- Age related wear and tear.
- Weakened tooth due to Root canal treatment.
- Protect the further spread of minor crack lines.
- Allows for small positional alterations to correct your smile.
A dental bridge is a fixed prosthetic used to replace more or more missing teeth. A bridge is another treatment option to avoid dentures and can be used to restore a small or large span of missing teeth. Unrestored gaps between teeth may be more than just aesthetic concerns. They may also allow adjacent or opposing teeth to tip, drift or move into the spaces, disrupting the alignment of the bite. A bridge consists of an artificial pontic tooth anchored to the adjacent crowned teeth. Reasons for a bridge
- Restores space from missing teeth.
- Fixed prosthetic that acts like natural teeth.
- No denture or surgery required.
- Protects teeth from drifting or tilting.